Monday, February 27, 2006

Grand Canyon


Over the next couple of months y'all may have to listen to a lot of posts about my planned trip to the Grand Canyon. I'm super psyched about it as I've never been. I've flown over it once (at about 30,000 feet) & have always wanted to see it up close, in April I'll get to. :) My hubby & oldest 2 kids are going with me. We're flying in on Wednesday evening & will do the tour bus thing on Thursday. It's like a 14 hour trip, but after discussing it with some locals it's the best way to see lots in a short amount of time. We'll be leaving from Scottsdale going to the Red Rocks & Sedona & then on to the Grand Canyon where we'll stay for a while & view for 22 miles. Next we'll head back toward Scottsdale via an Indian reservation where we'll get to stop and buy jewelry & stuff. I'd love to have time to actually do some hiking and exploring on our own, but this trip we'll get a good feel for things and then come back someday (I hope, I hope) & do a more thorough visit. On Friday morning we're going to Tombstone to watch men with big guns battle it out. woo hoo!! That evening the writing conference I'm attending starts up & I'll be in class & hubby & the boys will spend the rest of the weekend exploring and doing their thing while I'm in class & doing a booksigning. My first booksigning at a writers conference!!! will be a wild experience!!!

7 comments:

Bonnie Ferguson said...

That sounds like lots of fun :)

MaryF said...

I LOVED the Grand Canyon. When Fred said he wanted to go, I said, "You want to take ME OUTSIDE?" But it was honestly one of the best vacations ever.

Trish Milburn said...

I'd love to go to the Grand Canyon. I need to make a trip out there one of these days.

Grand Canyon Tours By Vegas Tours said...

Hi, The theme of your blog made me curious to stop by and check out your blog, its interesting. Feel free to check out my new site for when you get a chance It has all kinds of stuff for The **Grand Canyon** The new website is: **www.vegastours.com** Have a Nice Day and enjoy!

Grand Canyon Tours By Vegas Tours said...

Hi, The theme of your blog made me curious to stop by and check out your blog, its interesting. Feel free to check out my new site for when you get a chance It has all kinds of stuff for The **Grand Canyon** The new website is: **www.vegastours.com** Have a Nice Day and enjoy!

Grand Canyon Tours By Vegas Tours said...

Hello, your blog was interesting, in return I would like to share my information on **Grand Canyon Tours** VegasTours.Com is offering Incredible prices on **Grand Canyon Helicopter** and **Grand Canyon Airplane Tours** Stop by when you get a chance and visit us at **www.VegasTours.com** Have a great day.

Grand Canyon Tours By Vegas Tours said...

Hello, your blog was interesting, in return I would like to share my information on **Grand Canyon Tours** VegasTours.Com is offering Incredible prices on **Grand Canyon Helicopter** and **Grand Canyon Airplane Tours** Stop by when you get a chance and visit us at **www.VegasTours.com** Have a great day.