Sunday, November 19, 2006

Rowena Cherry & fans!

Wow! I opened my mail (from yesterday, yes, I'm behind--what else is new? ;) and there was a check from romance author ROWENA CHERRY that she'd collected for the breast cancer walk!!! It's a wonderfully generous check & I'm tickled pink! This will put me over my goal & then some!

Rowena read about my walk for breast cancer in FRESH FICTION's newsletter and rallied her fans to pull together to help support me. How cool is that?????

So, y'all be sure to check out Rowena's website at www.rowenacherry.com and look for her upcoming release INSUFFICIENT MATING MATERIAL. Rowena writes sci-fi romances with lots of humor. Or better yet, shoot Rowena an email saying thanks for supporting women every where!! Because with breast cancer affecting 1 in 8 women, let's face facts, this is a disease that will touch each one of us in some manner.


THANKS ROWENA!!!!!!

Oh, and speaking of the breast cancer walk, one of my local papers ran a touched up version of my blog post about the walk. Yes, I know. A bit scary to think of one of my blogs going into the paper. But they ran it as a follow-up to the front page story I wrote promoting the walk and trying to increase funds.

Here's a link, although it'll only be online until this coming Thursday when the new paper comes out. :) http://www.rutherfordreader.net/Page6.html

Y'all have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cover!

I'm so proud of you -- you worked hard (how many blisters DID you end up with?) on that walk and for a great cause. You're one special lady!

Janice Lynn said...

Thanks, Tawny! Despite all my whining, when I look back on the walk my memories are good ones--mostly. :)