Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Romantic Weekend Get-away

Superman took me to the Opryland Hotel again this weekend. What an experience! I don't know exactly what he did but we got the royal treatment. The service was impeccable. From the time we checked in and they asked us if we'd like something to drink! to when we left our room that evening to go to dinner and came back to find they'd re-straightened the room while we were out, right down to opening the soaps and placing them in the dishes. We ate at the Old Hickory Steakhouse. Way too expensive for me to ever choose to eat there again, but again, the service was flawless. Superman's steak was really good and my smoked salmon was, too, but honestly when I get served a salad I just want a good old fashioned salad. Superman's came out as a 6th of a wedge of lettuce with some dressing and bacon sprinkled on the side. Mine was sun-dried tomatoes mixed with feta cheese & something else that I don't recall, with lettuce & potatoe sprigs on top with dressing to the side. Not that it was bad (although I don't particularly like sun-dried tomatoes--give me a juicy, home-grown one any day!), but it just wasn't my ideal salad. Country girl, I know.

The next day we went to the Guitar Center and bought my youngest son an acoustic Fender guitar. He was totally ecstatic when we gave it to him. It was a belated birthday gift that he knew was coming, just didn't know what. So cute to watch him play.

Superman and I also went to REI to check out the backpacking stuff, then on to the bookstore. That particular Borders had one copy of JANE MILLIONAIRE in stock. Still gives me a thrill to see a book I wrote on a bookstore shelf. I doubt that joy will ever cease because it just seems such a miracle.

My pal Tawny sent this photo to me--such a good friend!!! I'm not to sure she was impressed with his sense of fashion, but I, of course, think he's adorable. Oh, the tatoo on the arm is a fake for his up-coming surfer movie. Thank goodness because I'd hate the thought of him marring that bod!

No comments: