Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy 40th Anniversary!!

Today my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. Forty years. Wow. When I think of it, it doesn't seem like they should have been married that long but since I'm 38 I suppose they should, eh? Unfortunately a family member's brother was killed in a tractor accident and his funeral was today, so it was a day of mixed emotions. My sister and I did take my parents out to eat at Cracker Barrel after church tonight and we gave them a card and gift certificate. Everyone except my brother and his two kids were there, so we had a huge table, laughed lots, and enjoyed our time together. It was nice to spend time with family. Wish I had pics, but my sister was the one who took pictures tonight. I'll have to get copies from her.

While we were there my daughter bought a stuffed possum--but that's another story altogether. ;)

We played our first All Star game yesterday and lost. We play again tomorrow night. Wish us luck! :)

No comments: