Friday, December 02, 2005

First book signing!

Tomorrow I'm doing my very first book signing. It's at a local bookstore (Tullahoma!) from 2 until 4 PM! I'm so excited. :) What's even more fun is that the bookseller called me yesterday to tell me that she'd sold out of my book and had to order more for the signing! Now that's cool! LOVED that.

Tonight I did an interview and answered emails and I just have to say that I thoroughly LOVE getting emails from readers. I watered up the first one I got. Sweet lady who reminded me of me. Mother, wife, job, school (ok, so I've FINALLY moved beyond that...unless I decide to go back and get my doctorate--somebody slap me quick!), anyway, her email was so fabulous and really moved me because I know how little free time she has and yet she chose to spend an entire afternoon reading Jane Millionaire, then took the time to email me to tell me she loved it!!! And I got my dream email---one from someone saying she was up till 4 AM because she couldn't put the book down and, despite the fact she had to go to work the next day, she had to finish Jane. OMG! I mean, I recall so many nights that I've done the same thing because I *had* to know what was going to happen with the characters next & now, someone had that feeling about Rob and Jill's story. WOW!!!!

Y'all have a great weekend!!! & wish me luck for tomorrow cuz I'm a bit nervous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Janice! I'm so proud for you and good luck at your first book signing.

Janice Lynn said...

Thanks Kendra! It went fab! I sold out!! :)