Friday, May 25, 2007

Ketching-Up

Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

I'm really psyched. I bought my formal gown for the RWA National convention. It's a really, really gorgeous dress and I'll post pictures of it after the convention in July. :) Got to find some really cool shoes to go with it still though.

And, drum roll please, I bought my first Prada purse. Yes, I paid way too much for it and probably should have spent my money on better things, but I decided just this once to splurge on myself and now I'm all giggles. :() ) I'll post a picture of it soon. Okay, so maybe I'll post a picture of me carrying my purse.

We've got lots of Memorial day stuff going on this weekend, with multiple cook-outs. Which probably means blowing our diet, but hey, I'm 11-12 pounds down, so I might splurge a little and not feel too guilty. Of course, I might find those lost pounds in the process.

GOT to finish up my article that I sold to the RWR magazine. My deadline's still over a month away, but I don't like rushing things so I plan to have it done within the next week. Wish me luck.

Jessie went to his first television show audition this week. He's really excited. Although the liklihood of landing a show on the first audition is next to nil, auditioning was really good experience for him. And you have to start somewhere, right? Anyway, the show is on the Discovery Channel, which he thinks is the coolest anyway. Guess we'll know within a couple of weeks if he's made it to the next round--or however that works. I'm still learning.

We'd planned to go to see PotC tonight, but plans changed and we're relaxing at home, instead, and looking at houses on the internet. Unfortunately the house we put a bid in on didn't go through. :( We really like it, but it's just out of our price range so we're back to looking.

Well, I suppose I have procrastinated from writing about as long as I can justify for one night. Off to write, write, write. Y'all have a great weekend. Oh, and yes, that is yummy Matthew McConaughey below. (Thank you, Tawny--what would I ever do without my friends sending me distracting eye candy???? Oh baby!)

No comments: