Wednesday, December 05, 2007

December already?

While I was buried in the play and in revisions of my 4th medical, December snuck up on me. I am SOOOOO far behind with Christmas. I do have a few gifts purchased, but none for my kids...that's a bad Mom, right? Which means what will end up happening is that I'll pay way too much on ebay to get what they really want because all the stores are sold out. Wish it wasn't so, but...


I turned in the revised version of my 4th medical today. It's a really different book for me and although I should be sick of it since I've done 2 rounds of revisions, I find that I love this revised version. The story really packs an emotional punch. I cried when I wrote one particular scene. And again when I reread the story. I'm hoping that's a good sign...of course, it's possible it just means I was in tears over how many hours I put into this book. Truth is I've got more than double the number of man hours in this book than I do in any of my other medicals. I'd guess that I might have close to three times. A little sad, but, as I mentioned, the final product---please let it be the final product---is something that I'm very proud of. I'd like to say that you should have a box of tissues nearby when you read it, but who knows if anyone will find it as moving as me? Y'all will have to let me know come next fall. :)
Since it's Christmas time, here's a pressie. Enjoy.




No comments: