Monday, November 27, 2006

Bad Blogger Feeling Inspired

Lots of family stuff going on and I have eaten more than you would believe. Between that and my bum knee from the breast cancer walk (yes, it's still bothering me!), my weight is...well, we won't talk about it. ;)

Today was a day of mixed emotions. I had friends get good news & friends who got bad news. The writing industry is so hard. It's a business that deals with people's dreams. Not for the faint of heart. Yet, how can you not have your heart out there when it's your dream involved? Anyway, I'm so proud of my friends--the good news ones & the bad news ones. They are all out there chasing their dreams and facing the crap that's slung their way in the process.

I'm working on an article on quotes that inspire people to go after their dream and not give up. ((I do a monthly article/column for the FROM THE HEART Newsletter)) Oddly enough, I'd chosen this topic several weeks ago and started the article. Tonight seemed like an appropriate time to work on it.

So, with that in mind, here's my inspiring quote of the day:

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." ~ Dolly Parton

I want the rainbow. Somebody toss me an umbrella.

3 comments:

Terri Garey said...

It's a business of highs and lows, alright. But having had a few of those highs, would we give them up because we're afraid of the lows? It's like the old saying about 'better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.'

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and NEVER give up on your dreams!

Now I'll try to find one of my favorite quotes for your article. :)

Patrice Michelle said...

Janice, it's so true! I wonder if the reason it's such an emotional roller coaster is because we put so much into our work.

Janice Lynn said...

Patrice, you're probably right. If the dream didn't matter so much our emotions wouldn't be so susceptible to every bump and rise.

Terri, I was thinking the quote you put here was a pretty good one!!