Thursday, April 13, 2006

Donated books & update


Bonnie Vanak donated some awesome books with HOT! HOT! HOT! covers! The Tiger & the Tomb & The Cobra & the Concubine. After reading the back covers on these I am going to have to buy copies of these for myself! Heck, I'm definitely going to be bidding on these baskets myself cause there are a bunch of these books I want to read!!!


We Meet Again...
The Marriage Scheme
Temporary Husband
All by Patricia Azeltine. If you're looking for a read a sweet, fun read, you should give these books a try! I love the add on the front of Temporary Husband. It is a classified that says:

Wanted: TEMPORARY HUSBAND Reasonable pay. Easy work. Inquire through newspaper. Sounds like a fun story!


Sylvia Day donated an autographed copy of Bad Boys Ahoy! Sexy? Sinful? Scandalous? Aye, Lass...Oh, those naughty rakes. With their wicked winks, sensual smiles, and bad boy habits, you just can't take them out in polite society. But who wants to go out when you can stay in...? :) I'm hooked!!

Another sweet read is A SUMMER SENTENCE by Carolynn Carey. The story sounds like a lot of fun. "Megan Marsh was just passing through McCray County, Tennessee on her way to a career in Chicago, but after a run-in with an overzealous deputy involving a bee, a slap, a speeding ticket, and a heap of misunderstanding, she finds herself suddenly immersed in small town life serving a summer sentence." A story set in Tennessee? I am SOOOO there. :)


I've gotten several emails about my patient, and today I have news. Her cancer hasn't spread beyond her breast & lymph nodes!!!!! I am so excited about this as it's such wonderful and unexpected good news. She's taken her first chemo treatment and has her second one next week. So far so good. Other than feeling really tired, she did AWESOME with her first round of chemo. Please continue to keep her and her daughters in your prayers and thoughts. She'll undergo 6 rounds of chemo, have a mastectomy, more chemo, then radiation. It's a LONG road ahead, but the PET scan coming back showing the cancer hadn't progressed further than the breast and lymph nodes is such great news!!

I'm off for a family trip to Gatlinburg this weekend and am not sure I'll have internet access, but I'll be back late Sunday night. Y'all be good if I don't get the chance to pop on before leaving tomorrow.

No comments: