Thursday, April 06, 2006

TN Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Auction

Those of you who know me know that during the American Title contest (the first day of voting actually), my mom told me that she had T-cell lymphoma. Needless to say that day forever changed my life in many ways. My family has been very blessed in that my mom is currently cancer free despite having had a reoccurence of her cancer during 2005.

The Tennessee Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is holding a fun auction to raise money for their cause--and it just so happens to be a cause I believe in a great deal. The auction is actually a bachelor and bachelorette auction--and you thought we romance writers made those things up & they didn't occur in real life--and guess who is emceeing the event? The "Bacherlor" himself, Dr. Travis Stork. & guess who one of the bachelorettes being auctioned off is? Charmaine Hunt from The Apprentice. Very cool, huh?

Although I have a very unholy obsession with Matthew, I am happily married so I'm not part of the bachelorette auction, but I am being auctioned off as a "Lunch with an Author" in hopes of raising more funds for the event. I've also donated a character name in a future release to be auctioned. & not to leave my friends out, I've put together a couple of baskets to be auctioned off as well. Baskets full of AUTOGRAPHED books donated by the authors themselves. WOW! The romance industry is a big hearted one--no pun intended. :) I'll be honest, after recieving the books I've had to order two of them to read myself because the back cover copy HOOKED me!!!

So, in honor of their generosity I'm going to post a list of books donated (the books are still coming in & I'll update the list as they do) & am going to be posting a few blurbs over the next couple of weeks in hopes of HOOKING you, too. All the books on this list have been donated by the author--the list doesn't include books I'm putting in.

When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys by HelenKay Dimon

Lauren’s Eyes by Norah Wilson

Conquest by Lara Rios

Becoming Latina in 10 Easy Steps by Lara Rios

A Family for Raffi by Lara Rios

A Summer Sentence by Carolynn Carey (hardback)

Falling Star Wish by Betty Hanawa

Written on the Wind by Joyce Henderson

Walks in Shadow by Joyce Henderson

Good Girls Don’t by Kelley St. John

The Tiger & the Tomb by Bonnie Vanak

The Cobra & the Concubine by Bonnie Vanak

A Little Change of Face by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

Lady X’s Cowboy by Zoe Archer

Loving Mercy by Teresa Bodwell

Loving Miranda by Teresa Bodwell

We Meet Again…by Patricia K. Azeltine (hardback)

The Marriage Scheme by Patricia K. Azeltine (hardback)

Temporary Husband by Patricia K. Azeltine (hardback)

A Knight’s Honor by Connie Mason

A Taste of Paradise by Connie Mason

Celtic Fire by Joy Nash (2 copies)

Ready by Lucy Monroe

Willing by Lucy Monroe

Hex and the City…Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson

Obsessing Orlando by Kassy Tayler

Chase the Wind by Cindy Holby

Pirate’s Price by Darlene Marshall

Bad Boys Ahoy by Sylvia Day

Here Comes The Bride by Laura Drewry

Dark Desires by Eve Silver


Teresa Bodwell's cover for LOVING MERCY makes me think of Matthew in a Stetson commercial...can't imagine why...yum! at those abs!

& Betty Hanawa's The Still Sexy Ladies Guide to Dating Immortals FALLING STAR WISH is a riot! "You're 30 something, sexy, smart, but you can't find a good man to save your life. What does any enterprising woman do then? Something bold, something daring! She decides it's time to date an Immortal. "

& Connie Mason's A TASTE OF PARADISE. When lovely Sophia Carlisle stowed away on a ship bound for Jamaica, she hardly expected to find Christian Radcliff at the helm. She and the captain had a turbulent history, which involved the breaking of her heart and the death by duel of his best friend...No man could arouse her sense as the swashbuckling captain did, and she had no use for prudence or propriety when in his kiss she could find...A TASTE OF PARADISE."

& Kelley St. John's GOOD GIRLS DON'T has "The Good Girl Pledge" listed on the back cover that is to live by. :)

Stay tuned for more great blurbs on these awesome books!!! donated to raise money for an AWESOME cause!!!

No comments: