Sunday, September 24, 2006

Another week begins...


So, how did you spend your weekend? Me? I spent Friday being Mom to my youngest who's 7 & was suffering from a stomach virus. Always fun--not. Fortunately he felt better on Saturday morning. Enough so that he went and played football. He's one of their key players & plays the entire game. I was afraid he wouldn't feel up to it, but he was awesome. After football, he went to his soccer game. We got there late, but they immediately put him in and he played for the rest of the game. Made several great plays.

Abby is a cheerleader for James' football team & also plays soccer, but she didn't have a Saturday game. The oldest two did have a game. It was actually the first game of the day & didn't go so well as our players were having an off day. Jessie is the goalie. He blocked over 25 shots, but 4 got in. Our team only had 4 goal attempts the entire game & none were successful. Not sure what was up, but this was their first loss of the season. Maybe a wake-up call to keep them on track.

Speaking of staying on track, I missed walking on Friday & Saturday. BAD, BAD, BAD. Got around 5 miles in tonight, but have got to keep pushing forward. I need to do at least 5 miles every day between now and the walk. But guess what??? My darling bud Kathleen Long donated to the breast cancer walk & put me over the minimum donation of $2200!!! Yea!!! Thanks Kath!!! :) Don't worry, I'll still be collecting donations until after the walk! :)

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support The Breast Cancer 3-Day

They've announced the American Title Three finalists. There are ten
of them again this year. There have been all kinds of rumors flying that there were only three this year. Not sure where that started, but there are definitely ten. Like the previous years' finalists, they've started a loop to support each other during the contest. I can honestly say that the American Title one & two finalists are a group of fine, fine ladies & writers and I hope this year's finalists are blest with friendships like the ones forged in the past. I particularly adore the American Title Two finalists. If you haven't checked out their group blog, be sure to do so! They'll be blogging about the American Title contest & interviewing the finalists. On that note, I've interviewed Lindsey Brooks & it'll be in a couple of RWA newsletters next month.

Articles--the article I wrote on breast cancer will be out the first week of October. :) How cool is that???? Hopefully it will raise awareness & get women to go get mammograms. Also, I mention the sister study, which I think would make a great future blog topic.


Saturday evening we took the kids to the fair for a while. Got rained out, but managed to spent $70 before the skies opened up. We didn't even play any games or eat a thing.
Outrageous what it costs to take a kid for a ferris wheel ride.

Here's a picture of Matthew to put a smile on your face until the next post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! I had soccer with my 7 year old as well - but thankfully, no stomach virus. Hope yours is feeling loads better now.