Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Cell phone telemarketers??

REMINDER ....two weeks from now, all cell phone numbers are being released
to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your
time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the
cell phone number you are wanting to have blocked.

You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS!

FOR MORE INFO GO TO: www.donotcall.gov

Okay, so as a consumer, I just think this sucks that telemarketers can aggravate us via cell phones the way they do our home lines. Even with the block, I still get calls & it drives me crazy. I would never ever ever buy something from a telemarketer just for the principle of the matter that it encourages them to keep calling. Urgh. Not happy about this, can you tell???

I have visions of me walking along, hitting mile 19 of my 20 miles for the day and the phone rings. "Hi, Mrs. Lynn. This is such and such salesman, would you please buy my product." Now, there will be women I know nearby, so I'm sure I'll contain my response to some degree, but the visions popping into my mind are not pretty. Not at all.

Speaking of walking, if you haven't made a donation to the 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk yet, PLEASE do so. It's such a worthy cause.

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support The Breast Cancer 3-Day


************
*********************************************************
Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to
work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
Personal Page Link:
https://www.
kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=131570&supId=142336017

Now I understand the appeal of the red carpet. ;)


No comments: