Monday, July 31, 2006

RWA National--continued

On Wednesday I got up and went to breakfast with members of the Writers Playground and the Wet Noodle Posse and Kelley St. John. Was lots of fun. I had pecan pancakes. Yum. Yum. Yum.

My pal and fabulous Harlequin Blaze author Tawny Weber arrived this afternoon & I gave her a small gift in celebration of her first sale--a Johnny Depp doll. Tawny seemed pleased with her gift, but I may be permanently scarred from my roommate's molestation of that doll...Johnny didn't seem to mind, though.

When first seeing my pal Lindsey Brooks I gave her a goodie I got for her back when I met Dr. Travis Stork at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Bachelor & Bachelorette auction. A personalized autographed photo. Lindsey and her reality television craze is what inspired JANE MILLIONAIRE so it's only fitting I had the Bachelor autograph a picture for her. :)

After that I went to The Golden Network's first retreat. There was a panel of agents and an editor. It was interesting and worth going to. After the retreat I hung with pals, then went to the booksigning.

My very first RWA Nationals lit signing. :) It was awesome. Even though Jane's been out for 8 months, I still sold quite a few books. It was loads of fun to finally be on the opposite side of those tables.

After the booksigning some friends of mine went out to karoake. Not me. I sooooo don't sing in public & the public appreciates this. So I went to dinner at this sports bar inside the hotel called Champion's. Good food. Good friends. Great evening.

No comments: