Friday, August 11, 2006

3 Day Breast Cancer Walk

I need your help. Tonight I committed to participating in a 3 Day 60 miles walk to raise money for breast cancer research. As some of you know, this is a disease that has touched my life personally through my grandmother who has had two occurences, but is currently cancer free--Thank God. It's also a disease that touches me professionally. As a nurse practitioner, I've been the one to diagnose and tell a woman she has breast cancer. It's one of the most horrible feelings in the world to look a woman in the eye and tell her she has cancer. Of her breasts. To see the denial, the fear. I just can't put the emotions into words. What I hope is that you'll sponsor my walk to raise funds to find a cure for this disease.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give to this cause. If not by sponsoring me, then by sponsoring someone else or walking yourself. Together we can make a difference.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=131570&lis=0&kntae131570=31FB129BD0E347668FE0FBB7143A56AA&supId=142336017

or
https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=131570&team=1350235
and click on my name, Janice Lynn.

Sorry these links aren't turning out as nice as I'd like...have I ever mentioned that I'm computer challenged? Just a few times, huh. :)

Warning: You will see this message again and I'll report how the training (Those of you who know me are snorting right now. I hear it!!!) & fundraising are going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*snort*

I'm proud of you though!!!