Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Partners For Healing

Usually I catch up on emails & write on Wednesdays. Today I didn't get to do that because I volunteered to work at a free healthcare clinic called Partners for Healing. It's such a fabulous place. It's a free clinic to the WORKING uninsured who live or work in the county where the clinic is located. :) I volunteered and saw patients for 4 hours today. I always feel so rewarded after spending time there. Unfortunately since I've started writing I don't volunteer as much as I once did. (When the clinic first opened I was there 12 hours a week every week for like 9 months.) Now I'm ashamed to admit how often I make it over there. That's one of the things I hope to change in upcoming months--I want to volunteer more in my community & to help others.

For me the breast cancer walk is one of those things that I feel important, too. Helping others is really helping ourselves. I believe this with all my heart.

If you haven't sponsored someone in the 3 Day Breast Cancer walk, PLEASE DO. If you'd like to sponsor my walk (even if it's $5 dollars--that helps!), Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support The Breast Cancer 3-Day
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=131570&supId=142336017 I'm $705 in toward my goal & still hope to raise at least $1500 more.

THANK YOU & GOD BLESS. :)

No comments: